Monday, May 14, 2012

The love-hate relationship with football...

As Manchester United missed out on the title yesterday I am reminded of a few things:
  1. I love this sport. It came down to the final 5 minutes on the last game of the season to determine the champion for this year. I don't care what you say, that is entertaining. I had both games on split screen on the laptop.
  2. I hate this sport. Watching QPR fight so hard for 2-1 only to allow 2 goals in the final 5 minutes, and knowing that Joey Barton's epic freak out and subsequent sending off could have made all the difference in helping hand the title to United, leaves me gutted.
  3. I love this sport. We're going to do this all again next year. A year has not gone by since I started following United that I was not excited for the next season.
  4. I hate this sport. I have to wait until fall for this to start again. (And no US tour for United this year.)
  5. I love this sport. Euros, Olympics, MLS, and summer rec leagues for my son and I will carry us through.

No comments: