Wednesday, February 08, 2012

One Week...

One week from now I enter the world of unemployed student. I have yet to pack any boxes in my office. My desk is still a disaster. My computer desktop is still cluttered. The only hint that something is slightly askew is the pile of empty boxes.

I still remember getting that email in January stating:
I am pleased to inform you of your ACCEPTANCE into the Masters of Divinity: Youth and Family Ministry Program, congratulations!
I honestly did a little dance of joy in the living room. 

I tried to do this once before. It was after my first ministry experience. But I kind of got sidetracked by one phone call that came completely out of the blue. I ended up completing one class before I started my time here on staff.

So, now I'll try again. And since that email on January 20th life has been a blur.

I vaguely remember college being full of late nights, time with friends, soccer, and completing most of my assignments in the early morning hours before the due date.

I suspect that this will be different.

Trying to get everything in one area of life wrapped up while simultaneously trying to get everything in another area of life started is a bizarre experience. I had once hoped that I could maybe take a little time after my last day to catch my breath, but as they say "Life is what happens when you're making other plans"...or something like that.

With that said, I am as convinced now as I was in October that this is the right thing to do.

And now I will get back to the list of 1001 things that need to be completed in a week.



No comments: