Tuesday, February 28, 2012

First Day at a New School...

School was never difficult for me.

Actually, the social part of school was never too difficult for me. The grades took a little work, especially since I suffer from an almost fatal case of procrastination.

Either way I've been on campus for the first class in my MDiv studies for a grand total of 2 days and here are a few observations I have made.
  1. Coming in halfway through a semester, even though it's a modular format) is a relational disadvantage. So many people already know each other. I feel like I'm trying to play catch up with learning names and who does what and has worked where and has how many kids.
  2. Being away from family is not fun. I love my family and I love having them around. I would joke about how loud it could get around the house when the kids would have friends over while I was trying to study, but I'd give up my WiFi access for it right now.
  3. Speaking of WiFi, I had to sell my soul for a week of access to use it here. And the house I'm staying at can't even get high speed, so they are still on dial up. And the Starbucks in Moose Jaw doesn't have it. What's up with that Saskatchewan?!?!
  4. The library frightens me. Seriously, I'm always afraid I will walk through the doors and get looked at funny or get lost in the stacks.
  5. College students are still college students. I'm sitting in the cafe right now and I've been privy to some very humorous interactions. And I am trying not to eavesdrop on a pretty important student council conversation right now.
Almost time to change the scenery and head for the silent basement suite.

No comments: